Sunday, July 12, 2009

Had to do it.

It is day 12. Up until today every two days in this month we were tied. My mother likes it that way. She is even generous in saying it is your turn to win today when she is that one day ahead. Today I ruined the perfect tie combination by skunking her (she lost by over 30 points for those of you who lack basic cribbage speak, it was 33 points to be exact). I sensed that her feathers were ruffled by this so I resorted to counting her victories last month. Remember she was so far ahead last month that we did not bother to total the win/loss tally for that month. Today was the day to salve her wounded cribbage soul. The count, for those of you holding your breath, was 16 wins for her and 13 for me. Again, I know June has 30 days but this time I know why there are only 29 games to count. It was that lost day due to roses and other assorted yard work. The amazing thing so far this month, besides the record amount of ties, is how the individual count evolved throughout each game. I would get a 24 hand along the way and be way ahead and then she would get a 24 hand to catch up or vice versa. Cribs were also fantastic in that we would each along the way get 12 point cribs, all just by luck. There truly is never a dull day at the daily cribbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment