Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The month so far.

I am pleased to report that as of today, I am one game ahead. Yesterday we were tied 3-3 so someone had to be the tie-breaker today. Yesterday's game was very plain vanilla, no real significant cliff hanging. But today's was a thriller! We each had 24 point hands at some time in the game. Just when I thought I would skunk her, she received her 24 points to round the corner. I was actually happy for her as there is nothing worse than an extremely disgruntled loser. And I still seemed to be sufficiently in the lead. For those of you avid cribbage players you know it is those final hands and who counts first near the end that is critical. However, sometimes all can seem so right and the game is snatched away. It is in those heated moments of final play that I will shout out "You stole the game!" and she does not even care. Today, though, I calmly crossed the well-deserved finish line. Tune in next time for future exciting cribbage duels.

1 comment: