Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm resistin'

I so want to count the days of wins/losses in June. My mother does not seem to care. Probably because she knows she won. Or has she counted them in secret and sees no need to share her calculations? Today she questioned my count during the play. It was in regards to a four card out-of-order run. So I brought out our 40 some year old xeroxed rules to show her the definitive ruling on my play count. Along with the rules, there came a calender from 2005. Actually, it was only December and maybe November. At the bottom of December we had the totals wins for the year. She had won 7 of the months and I had won only 4. Usually if a month is tied we most likely put that as a tie. So this particular year, either only had 11 months or there was an unrecorded tie month! We will never know because of the missing pages. Or are they lurking hidden in the cupboard? Undoubtedly, we kept the final year tally to comfort her if she lost too many times in the future. I do not think that I need to report that she could not believe she won that year by such a large margin...

1 comment:

  1. I think that you need to dig to the bottom of this 2005 issue.

    ReplyDelete