Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rough game today.


Today's game started out badly for me. My mother kept getting these fantastic hands, like 12 points in her hand and 12 in her crib. Also she was scoring lots in the play itself. Being early in the month, I am not overly concerned. Let her feel good and get ahead for awhile. But today's play was brutal. Even the flowers were wilting over the bleakness of it all.
At one point, she must have been ahead by 50 points. Then she slowed down in her luck and I had a few good hands. Initially, I thought it would be a double skunk. Then it really got exciting as there was one fleeting moment when I thought I might even win!!! In the end she won by 15 points.
Overall, I cannot feel too bad as the month is starting off with two wins each!

3 comments:

  1. I like the photographic proof of the flowers' reaction to the game. :) Go Grandma! Do you still play Kings in the Corner or just cribbage? My parents are addicted to Kings and play it daily, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we only play two turns of Kings in the Corner after cribbage as sometimes the kings takes too long to do a full game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing game! Thank you for recounting it. I like the picture of the wilted flower petals. Good details. I'm on the edge of my seat about who will win it this month! Mumsy is clearly off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete